20 Session ADHD focused Incredible Years Parent Programme
The Incredible Years parent programmes are based on over 30 years of research and development.
Leading international bodies; such as the World Health Organisation, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE UK) and the Global ADHD Working Group, all recommend group based parent programmes as the first course of intervention for young children with ADHD/ behaviour consistent with ADHD. This is what we at The Changing Lives Initiative offer in the form of a 20 session ADHD focused Incredible Years Parent Programme.
Parent training programmes are, to all intents and purposes, a behaviour therapy intervention that helps parents to use behaviour therapy techniques with their child. Our programme will help parents gain additional skills to support their children. It is delivered once a week for 2.5 hours. The programme is aimed at helping parents to:
- Build a stronger relationship with their child
- Help their child learn positive behaviours
- Improve their child’s confidence and self esteem
- Build upon parenting skills
- Help parents and families feel better about themselves and their children
- Improve communication within the family.
The programme is suitable for parents or main care givers.